youth travelling and volunteering
It is never early to start thinking about internship or volunteering opportunities. Work experience abroad allow you to build valuable skills such as language proficiency and communication. It gives you cultural skills and adaptability to an international setting. Türkiye offers a dynamic international environment and opportunities to explore certain career paths for young adults. You will not just explore new cultures, lifestyles and traditions but you will also learn together with other young people. You will not believe what an impact you can make.
Türkiye’s unique location makes it become a cultural melting pot where countless cultures and faith coexist harmoniously. This setting makes you feel at home and who knows, maybe you can even find a piece of your roots in Türkiye. Come and explore Türkiye!
A) Internship Opportunities:
- Erasmus+ Student Mobility for Traineeship: Under the Learning Mobility of Individuals (Key Action 1), students at higher education institutions in a program country* holding a valid Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) can spend an internship period between 2 months and 12 months in an enterprise or organization in Türkiye.
Important Note: Please don't forget to inform the International Relations Officer at your home university prior to make any commitments and arrangements for your internship in Türkiye. More information on eligibility is available on Erasmus+ section on European Commission’s webpage.
- Other Internship Opportunities: In Türkiye,many private companies, international organizations’ Türkiye offices, NGOs and universities are regularly announcing internship positions. You can follow the offers through online notice boards and the webpages of the respective company/university.
B) Volunteering Opportunities:
1) European Youth Portal (EYP): The EYP is a program for young people between 18 and 30 years old. The program provides you with an unbelievable opportunity to gain international experience and improve your soft skills while helping others. For opportunities in Türkiye, please consult the European Youth Portal (EYP).
2) European Solidarity Corps (ESC): The ESC creates opportunities for young people between the age of 18-30 to volunteer or work in projects in their own country or abroad that benefit communities and people around Europe. Solidarity projects are open to Program countries: EU Member States, Türkiye, North Macedonia and Iceland.
Volunteering Activities are open to EU Member States, North Macedonia, Türkiye, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Russian Federation.
For the detailed information, please consult the ESC Web Portal.
3) AFS Study Abroad Programs: AFS Intercultural Programs began as the American Ambulance Field Service in April 1915 and now it is transformed into an international secondary school exchange, volunteer, and intercultural learning organization with 500,000+ alumni. Look for ‘‘AFS in your country’’ from this link and start your adventure in Türkiye!
4) AIESEC: AIESEC is a youth leadership movement that was established in 1948. Currently, AIESEC has 1,000,000 alumni across the world. For opportunities in Türkiye, consult the AISEC search page.
5) CADIP: CADIP is a non-profit Canadian organization that promotes peace, cooperation, tolerance and understanding in multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and international surroundings. CADIP offers 1-3 weeks or 1-12 months programs across various countries. For CADIP’s opportunities in Türkiye, please consult the Volunteer in Türkiye Portal.
TGA is not affiliated with any of the listed organizations above and volunteering options in Türkiye are not limited with them. There are also many local, national and international NGO’s that offers volunteer work in Türkiye in some capacity. You can check them through your national agencies, providers and web portals.